Old textbook?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spoudaios

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I did not get any replies posting in the osteopathic med student forum. I will try that here.

Do you guys think that old textbooks from premed like anatomy, physiology, and biochem will be worth keeping? I am just in the midst of cleaning and disposing old books

Thanks guys

Members don't see this ad.

I did not get any replies posting in the osteopathic med student forum. I will try that here.

Do you guys think that old textbooks from premed like anatomy, physiology, and biochem will be worth keeping? I am just in the midst of cleaning and disposing old books

Thanks guys

Yeaa! I kept all my science books from college. The cancer biology and advanced cell biology books I have are actually used at a ton of graduate schools, so it'll be great to use for reference.

If you're selling the books to make some cash, then you should probably sell all your books except ones like anatomy/physiology. Sometimes it's easier to use your old books for these things since you already know how to navigate through them. But if you kept your biochem and cell bio notes... that should be good enough for referencing if you need to! :)

Good to know. I guess I will keep my anatomy and physiology. Not so sure about Biochem though. I have to move from the West to the East coast and I am trying to limit what I bring. What about medical dictionary? I don't think we will ever need this.

Members don't see this ad :)
Good to know. I guess I will keep my anatomy and physiology. Not so sure about Biochem though. I have to move from the West to the East coast and I am trying to limit what I bring. What about medical dictionary? I don't think we will ever need this.

Eh, if it fits in your bag then you might as well bring the med dictionary too. It sounds pretty cool. It sounds like cool bathroom reading material :laugh:

Do you guys think that old textbooks from premed like anatomy, physiology, and biochem will be worth keeping?

You probably won't touch them because they're either too simplistic/general or useless. Just Google if you forget something.

That's what I thought. They may be too simple. But I don't know because I have yet to start med school.

Hmmm... I don't read in the washroom. Don't want to get hemorrhoids :p

I found my biochemistry and microbiology texts pretty useful in med school. They are not too simple, but the opposite. Medical school exams concentrate on clinical application of basic sciences, so while you might not see the hard questions from undergrad biochem ("name every enzyme in this pathway and describe why each one is necessary to avoid a futile cycle") or micro, the clinical correlations and in-depth reference were helpful to be able to page through if my med-school text didn't explain very well. The best medical dictionary is wikipedia, donate it to the library book sale.