Older Ob Gyn Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

keithslc

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any Older (>35)Ob Residency applicants this year?

Members don't see this ad.

I'll be applying next year...err in 8 months...and I'll be >35, married with 3 kids.

I've been warned a couple of times by faculty that it will be more difficult because "we older folks don't have as much stamina" which I find a little insulting, but I understand their perspective. Then again, everyone who is not an OB tells me that it is a really bad move to go into OB because of hours, malpractice, sleep, my gender, etc. which is compounded because of the age issue. I'm not sure if I'm being naive, but I've found my calling so we'll see how much these things really matter, including and in the context of my age.

It has been an interesting experience for myself. I am someone who will soon turn 40. I was wondering how some others felt about some things related to interviews and programs reactions.

hi,

I am a Recruiter for OB/GYN Physicians. Its not impossible to find older male OB/GYN placing if your open to medium and small sized cities. If your set in living in a popular metropolitan area like NYC,LA, Dallas or Miami, then it does become a little harder, but not imposible.

If your an 09 resident, I would recommend you start looking now for placement. I would be more than happy to help you look for perment placement. Its a free service for Doctors. :)

Last edited: