Oldest MCAT accepted and the New MCAT...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

harbor21

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I noticed on US News&World Report that for fall 2006 admissions, most med schools accepted MCATs back to either 2002 or 2003. Is anyone aware if the new computerized MCAT is going to affect the oldest MCATs that schools will accept over the next few years. I took the august 2005 mcat and am planning on applying for Fall 2008 admissions, but was wondering if schools will still be accepting paper version scores as far back as 2005 when the time to apply rolls around in 2007. Any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

harbor21 said:
I noticed on US News&World Report that for fall 2006 admissions, most med schools accepted MCATs back to either 2002 or 2003. Is anyone aware if the new computerized MCAT is going to affect the oldest MCATs that schools will accept over the next few years. I took the august 2005 mcat and am planning on applying for Fall 2008 admissions, but was wondering if schools will still be accepting paper version scores as far back as 2005 when the time to apply rolls around in 2007. Any advice?
I was wondering the same thing....going to take the test this spring, but not sure if i will apply this summer (I have been thinking teach for america or research or something....Im not ready to apply now! :( ) I would assume (hope!) that the test scores would be accepted a few years after taken...