Oldest MCAT accepted?

medthrowaway

Mar 22, 2012
    Hi everyone, I was wondering how strict medical schools are on how old your MCATs are. I took mine in Sept 2010, but decided to defer my application until after I did my PhD. I am aiming to apply Summer 2015 (Summer 2014 at the earliest).

I was wondering if medical schools are amenable at all to older scores. I know this varies by school but I was just looking for anecdotal evidence, especially from students who deferred to do a PhD. Is it possible to "petition" for an older score to get accepted (that is, email the admissions office and beg since I was so involved doing graduate work since 2010)? Though that might just be a pipe dream. Any help would be appreciated.

gyngyn

Alta California
    Staff member
    Administrator
    Volunteer Staff
    7+ Year Member
    Verified Expert
    Gold Member
    Nov 4, 2011
    1. Attending Physician
      Hi everyone, I was wondering how strict medical schools are on how old your MCATs are. I took mine in Sept 2010, but decided to defer my application until after I did my PhD. I am aiming to apply Summer 2015 (Summer 2014 at the earliest).

I was wondering if medical schools are amenable at all to older scores. I know this varies by school but I was just looking for anecdotal evidence, especially from students who deferred to do a PhD. Is it possible to "petition" for an older score to get accepted (that is, email the admissions office and beg since I was so involved doing graduate work since 2010)? Though that might just be a pipe dream. Any help would be appreciated.
      One can always ask but I would tend to believe the school website. Our MCAT expiration date has not been waived in my memory.

About the Ads
      This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.