Oldest med student

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fonzy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is the oldest med stdent you have known or heard of?

Just curious!

Members don't see this ad.

there's one that's in her early 40s here at UA.

We have a guy in our 2nd year class who is 49!

Members don't see this ad :)
My mom was the oldest graduate of Creighton Med in '98 at age 48 but the year behind her had someone who was late 40s when she/he entered school so her title didn't last long.

There is a woman in my class who is 51 (M1). Her husband is a radiology attending at the school.

Our oldest was 51 when she started. She is now almost 53. Her husband is a bigshot neurosurgeon. Beat that.

my class ranged from 21-42 years upon entry IIRC.

There's a woman in my class who was a law professor before coming to med school. I don't know her exact age, but she looks like she's 50-something.

there's a 68-year old ex-lawyer who's taking his time getting through our med school. He was in our class for 1/2 of our third year and will graduate a year after us.

apparently (and this is 90% rumor) he applied for several years unsuccessfully and then threatened to sue the state for age descrimination - then he got in.

mjl34 said:
there's a 68-year old ex-lawyer who's taking his time getting through our med school. He was in our class for 1/2 of our third year and will graduate a year after us.

apparently (and this is 90% rumor) he applied for several years unsuccessfully and then threatened to sue the state for age descrimination - then he got in.

ah, i love living in The United States of Litigerica