Oldfart's, I mean, Oldpro's Bitchfest 2006

Started by ScootDoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScootDoc

Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm starting this thread especially for oldpro. It seems to me that he has nothing better to do than bitch and moan on the other threads about FMG this and IMG that. Blah Blah Blah!!! I am personally sick of his ranting and raving. So, oldpro, bitch about anything you'd like on this thread, but only on this thread. Oh yeah, any body else is allowed to vent, bitch, cry, or even curse on this special little thread. Oldfart, have at it!!!!!!!!!
 
Really? I sort of enjoy oldpro's posts. He's a straight shooter. Doesn't sugarcoat anything.

But then again, I'm not an osteopath wannabe, so that probably explains why I like him.
 
This is not a place to insult others thats all I got to say........
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes, some of us actually use Osteopathic schools as backups, just in case we don't get in to a US MD school. I am more than willing to admit it. Unlike you bma who could only dream of even getting an interview at an osteopathic school. Enjoy the island, your 13 MCAT score, 2.0 GPA, and then your 180 USMLE step 1 score. Yeehaw!!!!!

Hmmm... FMG tryin to pimp a US student...Thats funny ****!!!
 
Yes, some of us actually use Osteopathic schools as backups, just in case we don't get in to a US MD school. I am more than willing to admit it. Unlike you bma who could only dream of even getting an interview at an osteopathic school. Enjoy the island, your 13 MCAT score, 2.0 GPA, and then your 180 USMLE step 1 score. Yeehaw!!!!!

Hmmm... FMG tryin to pimp a US student...Thats funny ****!!!

Glad to amuse. But some of us don't use osteopathic schools for backup. 2 years of OMM/Cranial Sacral? No thanks. Think I'll study medicine instead.
 
I'm starting this thread especially for oldpro. It seems to me that he has nothing better to do than bitch and moan on the other threads about FMG this and IMG that. Blah Blah Blah!!! I am personally sick of his ranting and raving. So, oldpro, bitch about anything you'd like on this thread, but only on this thread. Oh yeah, any body else is allowed to vent, bitch, cry, or even curse on this special little thread. Oldfart, have at it!!!!!!!!!

Not nice!👎
 
ScootDoc!
I don't know what your problem with oldpro is, but i believe you are in violation of TOS. Being on Carib island is tough, for anyone taht is. But some ppl never applied in US, simply b/c they are older, and have had established careers in health care prior to med school. i'm from the same crowd as well. Ppl have different reasons for what they do. There is no one "right" or "wrong" way to do it. You are probably much younger,and had enough time to go through US application process. But taking acceptance in D.O school as a "back up" may catch up wit you later on in life. Please stop the flamefest, and trolling.
 
I'm starting this thread especially for oldpro. It seems to me that he has nothing better to do than bitch and moan on the other threads about FMG this and IMG that. Blah Blah Blah!!! I am personally sick of his ranting and raving. So, oldpro, bitch about anything you'd like on this thread, but only on this thread. Oh yeah, any body else is allowed to vent, bitch, cry, or even curse on this special little thread. Oldfart, have at it!!!!!!!!!

Wow I hit a nerve I think? LOL +pity+


Sorry you have trouble with the Heat I've been there on SDN before.

Oh and the DO people really hate it when You say they are "back up" why are they not first choice?

Funny thing is this is a FMG and IMG area if you are not a FMG, at a Caribbean why come here and post? 👎
 
One more thing, How do you know more than me when it comes to medschool, I'm about 1/2 through and you haven't started yet?

Here's your abusive, abrasive post:

ScootDoc
Member

Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 93

Default
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpro View Post
Brutal Honesty? This is only your opinion, man wait till your in medschool, doing well on the MCAT means nothing, doing well in most of the undergrad means little, Doing well in Medschool is everything! The MCAT is only a test it's not a real life measure of how well someone can do, its a brief snapshot of one day and time some one triess to answer those questions that have little if anything to do with real medicine. SO in my opinion someone who has not gone through Basic Science yet and tries to tell us who should and should not go to to medschool IS blowing smoke.

BTW I'm a MS II
Did I stike a chord with oldpro? I think so. I guess we know what he/she got on the MCAT.....not such an oldpro after all huh? What did you get 15? 16? Got into a carribean school off a wait list for the january class through one of those trial run deals? When you take the USMLE and score <180 let me know. BTW MCAT does correlate very well with step 1 scores. Go to the USMLE/COMLEX threads and see what people post. MCAT vs. Step 1. I guarantee you that there aren't many students who score <20 and score above the avg. on the step. Give it try and tell us what you find.

BTW I'm an MS 0 !!!!! making your ass (Mr. MSII) look stupid!!!!!



So you have to ask why I do not Like SDN that much? I'm ashamed of the posts I have seen and been subject to here.
 
Yes, some of us actually use Osteopathic schools as backups, just in case we don't get in to a US MD school. I am more than willing to admit it. Unlike you bma who could only dream of even getting an interview at an osteopathic school. Enjoy the island, your 13 MCAT score, 2.0 GPA, and then your 180 USMLE step 1 score. Yeehaw!!!!!

Hmmm... FMG tryin to pimp a US student...Thats funny ****!!!

Thats right ScootDoc, keep insulting everyone here the Medical community is small and you can't get through on your own. By the way my friend just scored 255 on the USLME 1 from my school. Bet you will not top that! :laugh:
 
ScootDoc said:
Yes, some of us actually use Osteopathic schools as backups, just in case we don't get in to a US MD school. I am more than willing to admit it. Unlike you bma who could only dream of even getting an interview at an osteopathic school. Enjoy the island, your 13 MCAT score, 2.0 GPA, and then your 180 USMLE step 1 score. Yeehaw!!!!!

Hmmm... FMG tryin to pimp a US student...Thats funny ****!!!
Wow. I would love to be there when you hit the wards and realize that it isn't the name of the school that matters. I enjoy Oldpro's posts and have a lot of respect for those who are dedicated enough to take on the stress, expense, and challenges of the Caribbean.

And before you go getting all pompous on my ass, I go to an allo school (McGill, ranked 12th in North America and 21st in the world). So, according to your worldview, I guess that means I get to "officially" pimp YOU for being a "mere" DO? (And one who hasn't even started school yet, as well?) Alas, pimping is not my style, and your self-esteem is clearly fragile enough as it is, to make you rag so harshly on anyone you (erroneously) think is inferior to you.

To the Carib students, sorry for intruding on your forum, and keep up the good work.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.