*OMFS 2006 interviews*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ItsGavinC

Moderator Emeritus
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please post information here regarding OMFS interviews for 2006, including how your were notified, when you were notified, and interview dates.

Members don't see this ad.

University of Kentucky, Phone Call (8/15), October 18
University of Michigan, Email (9/6), November 3 or 18

Members don't see this ad :)
The post in question has been split off to International Dental. Please reserve this thread for reporting received OMFS interview information.

thanks for clarification.cool and iam out of this.

I recieved a phone call.
What other programs have people heard from?

I just got my cherry popped by UTSW:D Came thru snail mail and was signed by the man himself. They interview on 11/16 but they tell you to be there the evening of 11/15 probably for some applicant hazing. I can't tell you how relieved and excited I am.

I just got my cherry popped by UTSW:D Came thru snail mail and was signed by the man himself. They interview on 11/16 but they tell you to be there the evening of 11/15 probably for some applicant hazing. I can't tell you how relieved and excited I am.
congrats to u flat4..all the best in the interview; guess all that hardwork at parkland eventually paid off =)

UMich 11/18--------Parkland 11/16

I guess The Toucan doesn't read our evaluations....:p

congrats to u flat4..all the best in the interview; guess all that hardwork at parkland eventually paid off =)
Thanks man. Little early to celebrate but it's definitely nice to get that first one.

I guess The Toucan doesn't read our evaluations....:p
Thank god for that. He told me personally that b/c the residents dropped the ball the last two entering classes (especially two summers ago), he's gonna change things up this year and cut you guys off all together:D

the man = EE III?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got an e'mail from Jacksonville for a two day interview on November 15 and 16. The first day is in Jacksonville for and the second is in Gainsville. So it looks like I'll be flying from Florida to Mich.

I have to put in my two cents about Jaksonville. Awesome program. They have a great thing going down there and things will only get better with time. Fattahi, Steinberg, Fernandes and Schare are awesome. The only downside is the year in Gainesville for med school. Probably one of the best 4year programs in the country. Great residents, great faculty, great program.

I just got an e'mail from Jacksonville for a two day interview on November 15 and 16. The first day is in Jacksonville for and the second is in Gainsville. So it looks like I'll be flying from Florida to Mich.

did you mapply for a 6 year or a 4 year or to both.

...I applied to the 6 year program.

Am working as a SHO (senior house officer ) at London in OMFS, graduated from India,needs help/advice regarding OMFS Residency applications in US for international grads, can anyone suggest something or pass on some emails of international grads (which Im told are rare) in OMFS Programs please?
Many thanks
Regards

Originally Posted by peezoreamer
UMich 9/18--------Parkland 9/16

MY bad.. they are in Nov.

Case Western, 11/3-4 or 11/17-18, phone call.
Michigan, 11/3 or 11/18, email.

Jacksonville 4 year - Nov 15th or 29th - email

Thank god for that. He told me personally that b/c the residents dropped the ball the last two entering classes (especially two summers ago), he's gonna change things up this year and cut you guys off all together:D

Yeah, I agree. After taking someone from USC and Tennessee, he swore he'd never make those mistakes again. :laugh:

Jacksonville 4 year - Nov 15th or 29th - email

Congrats, but Jacksonville extends invites to everyone, and then will pull it out from underneath you if someone else they want more RSVP's. Be very cautious with these folks (i.e. dont book a ticket or hotel too soon).

There was a post about this last year, and I know it is not the only time it was done.

Congrats, but Jacksonville extends invites to everyone, and then will pull it out from underneath you if someone else they want more RSVP's. Be very cautious with these folks (i.e. dont book a ticket or hotel too soon).

There was a post about this last year, and I know it is not the only time it was done.

Wow, that's only *slightly* shady. They actually rescend interview offers?

Yeah, the guy it happened to went to my dental school. He was a year ahead of me. Real f#%ked up ****! He was beyond pissed:mad: :mad: . I don't foresee that happening again, but damn!

How soon after the PD's have received the secondary (or completed application with 2x2), should we expect to hear regarding an interview?

Stanley!!!! Good luck with interviews man. I hope you are doing well.

Yeah, the guy it happened to went to my dental school. He was a year ahead of me. Real f#%ked up ****! He was beyond pissed:mad: :mad: . I don't foresee that happening again, but damn!

Yeah! I was that guy! hahaha.......:thumbup: In retrospect, I'm glad I didnt waste my money since it wouldnt have affected the way I made my rankings.

Do you all still have a four year program and if so how many residents do you take per year? Thanks

how many students does Parkland invite for the interview? Thanks.

A few recent additions:
UCSF - Phone Call (oct 13-14)
Parkland - Letter (nov 15-16)
Mayo - Phone Call (nov ??)

Who else has heard recently?

Email today from UOP/Highland for October 16th:thumbup:

Do most offers come by Email, snail mail or phone?

First Jacksonville now UOP, looks like I am 0 for 2. 2 down, 26 to go.
I was told that the UOP date is for applicants who externed there already. Thus, they don't have to do a tour of the hospital and other redundant activities. Keep your head up. I'm certain they still have plenty of spots for non-externs. When I was down there this summer, they said they interview about 10 people per spot so there should be plenty of interview invites left.

The list to date:

10/13 -- UCSF
10/16 -- UOP/Highland
10/18 -- University of Kentucky
11/3 or 11/18 -- University of Michigan
11/3-4 or 11/17-18 -- Case Western
11/15-16 or 29 -- Jacksonville
11/15-16 -- Parkland UTSW

Miami 10/23-24 by phone
UTSW-parkland 11/17 letter

:laugh: - thanks!

The list continues...

10/13 -- UCSF
10/16 -- UOP/Highland
10/18 -- University of Kentucky
10/23-24 -- Miami
11/3 or 11/18 -- University of Michigan
11/3-4 or 11/17-18 -- Case Western
11/4 or 15 or 16 or 18 -- Vanderbilt
11/6-7 or 11/20-21 -- Mayo Clinic
11/15-16 or 29 -- Jacksonville
11/15-16 or 17 -- Parkland UTSW

Thomas Jefferson 11/28 by mail

Thomas Jefferson 11/28 by mail
I'll see you there:thumbup:
Add:
-Vanderbilt (4 year) 11/4,11/15,11/16. or 11/18 by phone
-Hospital of St. Raphael 11/9 by email

i'm posting my interviews here, very special...
-nothing- by mail
-nothing- by email
-nothing- by phone
:(

UOP sent me an email today. 10/30 or 11/13 SF here I come!!!

Emory
Nov 19,20 by email

Vanderbilt
Nov 18 th by phone

Jacksonville
Nov 29 by email