OMFS 6-Year Residencies and Undergrad GPA

Started by Golfguy
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Golfguy

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys,

I'm trying to find out what role undergrad GPAs play in admissions to both 4 and 6 year programs. It seems all 6 year programs require undergrad transcripts. The only cutoff I found was that Emory required a minimum 3.5 undergrad GPA (comes from their med school I'm assuming.

I will have undergrad credits almost 20 years old by the time I apply for OMFS. Made some poor grades back then, but before dental school I went back to school and achieved a straight 4.0.

Any help would be appreciated.