OMFS Internships

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Golf Pro

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Looking at OMFS internships for next year while I apply for OMFS residency and don't know where to start. Any recommendations?

Members don't see this ad.

Most OMFS internships start filling up immediately post match. Focus on applying to residency this year and if you don't match, be ready to make some phone calls. Your best shots will be at programs you've already interviewed at. Almost every program has at least one internship position.

You can also scroll through the internship sticky thread for an idea of places that have internships.

Thank you for your response! I will not be applying to residency this cycle so I will be doing internship while I wait to apply next year. I am afraid that since I am not interviewing this cycle in will be harder to get an internship!

Thank you for your response! I will not be applying to residency this cycle so I will be doing internship while I wait to apply next year. I am afraid that since I am not interviewing this cycle in will be harder to get an internship!

It will be a little harder, but you're doing the right thing. An internship is so helpful. Call or email programs you're interested in this fall and be ready to send CV and transcripts. Let them know your interest. Even if you haven't landed one by March or April it's not too late- these positions have tons of turnover. Keep an eye on the sticky at the top as every month there are a few postings of openings. Good luck!