OMFS Interview Questions

Discussion in 'Dental Residents and Practicing Dentists' started by ballztowallzomfs, 09.22.14.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.

Thanks to Crack the NBDE

Thanks to QbankDMD
  1. ballztowallzomfs

ballztowallzomfs 2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Since interviews are coming up, I thought we could create a thread about questions asked during interviews. Most places will ask about your background, why OMFS, and why you are applying to that program, but what are other questions that are asked during interviews?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Sublimazing

Sublimazing 2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Verified
    Dentist
    What's the last thing you read?
    Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
    Are you interested in a fellowship?

4. Localnative

Localnative 5+ Year Member

Non-Student
    Q: Are you interested in taking an academic route?

A: I am leaving my options open however there are many aspects of academics I find attractive.

Laws of diplomacy rule on the interview trail. Also, a background in extemporaneous speaking helps.

5. treesandsteeps

treesandsteeps

Dentist
    Also be prepared to look at films, histo slides, beatbox at the drop of a hat, and solve major foreign and domestic policy issues within a 30 sec time slot before being cutoff by the buzzer.

Not really important to know everything or be right (or else why would we even need a residency) but to show them that you have a coherent thought process that is teachable. Most of which probably comes through via non verbal communication. So diplomacy is king.

About the ads