OMFS Personal Statement (Essay)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
J

Joe825

Hey guys,

I need help with writing an essay for my OMS application. Please give me some advice or examples on what to say. I'm looking for ideas on what to say about why oral surgery is more interesting than other specialities. Also, any examples of personal experiences bringing someone to desire an OMS specialty. If you have any sample that would be IDEAL!!!

Thanks,
Joe

Members don't see this ad.

I knew a guy that talked a lot about how Karate really helped to make his life focused and that he was a black belt, etc. I think it really helped him out. You might want to focus on something like that.

Joe825 said:
Hey guys,

I need help with writing an essay for my OMS application. Please give me some advice or examples on what to say. I'm looking for ideas on what to say about why oral surgery is more interesting than other specialities. Also, any examples of personal experiences bringing someone to desire an OMS specialty. If you have any sample that would be IDEAL!!!

Thanks,
Joe

This may be useful

Doggie's personal statement was something about eating cats?? I dunno for sure you may want to PM him.

Members don't see this ad :)
Joe825 said:
I'm looking for ideas on what to say about why oral surgery is more interesting than other specialities. Also, any examples of personal experiences bringing someone to desire an OMS specialty.

It strikes me as odd that someone applying to OMS would ask why surgery is more interesting than other specialties and for personal experiences that led an applicant to surgery. These are unique to each person, and I would expect an individual to develop these while finding motivation to specialize in surgery. In other words, the fact that you can't answer these makes me wonder: Why are you applying to OMS?

Joe825 said:
Hey guys,

Thanks,
Joe

Gary Ruska's essay was a kicka$$ one about working with midgets on a farm.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Joe825 said:
Hey guys,

Thanks,
Joe

My essay is for periodontal specialty, but may be of usefulness to you. Please ask me and I will send you friendly.