OMFS residency requirements and guidance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AK7006

Reaction score
I am a practicing dentist in US since 2016. I was in international student program. I want to pursue OMFS. Has any one heard of people getting accepted in OMFS program this long after graduation? Also can anyone guide as to what are the requirements to get into one. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, you can apply at any time after obtaining your DDS

1. Need to take CBSE examination with goal to hit more than a 70 on the exam
2. Need to fill out PASS/Match application online (this is a yearly application cycle that opens in May and is concluded in January)
3. Hopefully gather interviews from August-January
4. Sometime in January fill out your rank list
5. End of January you will find out if you match or do not match into a program
6. If you do not match into a program, repeat the all steps from step 2 (or step 1 depending on your CBSE score)

For more details, check this website out

Best of luck

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Yes, you can apply at any time after obtaining your DDS

1. Need to take CBSE examination with goal to hit more than a 70 on the exam
2. Need to fill out PASS/Match application online (this is a yearly application cycle that opens in May and is concluded in January)
3. Hopefully gather interviews from August-January
4. Sometime in January fill out your rank list
5. End of January you will find out if you match or do not match into a program
6. If you do not match into a program, repeat the all steps from step 2 (or step 1 depending on your CBSE score)

For more details, check this website out

Best of luck
can international students take CBSE? I MEAN those who want to come to US and apply to omfs residency.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am a practicing dentist in US since 2016. I was in international student program. I want to pursue OMFS. Has any one heard of people getting accepted in OMFS program this long after graduation? Also can anyone guide as to what are the requirements to get into one. Any help is greatly appreciated.
which country are from?