OMFS Vacant Residency Spots

Started by RonJoors
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

RonJoors

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know of any programs where there might or will be a vacancy at PGY2+ level in July 2026? e.g. someone dropped out.
I’m a foreign-trained OMF surgeon - medical and dental degrees and fellowship trained. I have a US work visa. I’m looking to become board eligible and so therefore need to complete three years of residency which must include the off-service components and the chief year. Please get in touch if you know of any such vacancies. Or a program that could make it happen.
 
You need to cold call every program in the country and see, gotta put in some sweat equity

Most programs require you to goto dental school again but I know some programs in the past (like 10+ years ago) had residents in the same position.

Good luck