OMFS Textbooks

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
toofache32 said:
The best book is the actual ACLS Provider Manual around which the course is designed.

Exactly. I believe you automatically get the ACLS book if you sign up for the class. It should come a month or two before the class starts. Also another book you should get and if you going into OMFS you'll need it anyhow is dubin's "rapid interpretation of EKG's". Its the small orange book everyone in medicine uses. It will literally take you 2-3hours to read it, and you'll be comfortable with all the rhythms they can throw at you. Its that good.
Good luck. Don't kill your patient in the megacode.

Members don't see this ad.

north2southOMFS said:
Exactly. I believe you automatically get the ACLS book if you sign up for the class. It should come a month or two before the class starts. Also another book you should get and if you going into OMFS you'll need it anyhow is dubin's "rapid interpretation of EKG's". Its the small orange book everyone in medicine uses. It will literally take you 2-3hours to read it, and you'll be comfortable with all the rhythms they can throw at you. Its that good.
Good luck. Don't kill your patient in the megacode.

If you have anywhere near as much trouble as I did with ACLS, I would also recommend that orange EKG book. I think I did kill my patient in the mega-code and all the other codes previous to it. As I realized that I was failing weekend ACLS like I had never failed any class before, I asked to leave the course, took a week to study the book that comes with the course, and returned the following week to retake all the practicals and the written exam.

I just visited the Walmart link that I had posted in the beginning of this thread and saw that the book is now no longer in stock and the price went up from $150 to $215! :eek:

So I hope it's Out-Of-Stock because many of you took advantage of the $150 price and got yourself a copy of this book! I'm glad that I got mine at a stealing price! :thumbup: