OMG, finding a pharmacy job...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just got back from a trip around independents in rural Kansas and most pharmacies in small towns only have one pharmacist (if any) and these people are old and BEGGING for part-time/full-time help or even for someone to buy their store eventually when they retire. So, I guess there're opportunities in the middle of nowhere. Haha

Who the hell is going to move there for part time. They should stop begging and offer top $ and they'd soon get all the help they needed. Singletons won't want to go because its too quiet and couples won't want to go as one will take the pharmacy job and there will be no job for the spouse.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Parents should be required to pay for their children's college no matter what. Undergrad should be a requirement.

Sure, but I'm only paying their tuition if they go to CUNY or SUNY schools. They're not gonna make the mistakes I made by going to a private school for undergrad and grad school. Hell, I'd prolly beat their asses if they don't graduate valedictorian from high school and don't get full scholarships.

Sure, but I'm only paying their tuition if they go to CUNY or SUNY schools. They're not gonna make the mistakes I made by going to a private school for undergrad and grad school. Hell, I'd prolly beat their asses if they don't graduate valedictorian from high school and don't get full scholarships.

I agree with this. However if your son got into Harvard and SUNY will you really NOT pay for Harvard?

I say it depends on the private school. Some are worth the money and some def are NOT!

Who the hell is going to move there for part time. They should stop begging and offer top $ and they'd soon get all the help they needed. Singletons won't want to go because its too quiet and couples won't want to go as one will take the pharmacy job and there will be no job for the spouse.

Too quiet LOL. You have never been to Kansas.

Parents required to pay for college? LOL. This line of discussion cracks me up. Because no one would put forth this argument except someone who was raised with money.

I paid for my own undergraduate degree and Masters degree. Or, I should say, I earned them via scholarships and graduate assistantships.

Parents required to pay for college? LOL. This line of discussion cracks me up. Because no one would put forth this argument except someone who was raised with money.

I paid for my own undergraduate degree and Masters degree. Or, I should say, I earned them via scholarships and graduate assistantships.

It's the entitlement attitude. A4MD, you owe me a steak lunch BECAUSE YOU OWE ME. JUST DO IT. YOU OWE ME. BECAUSE I DESERVE IT! IT'S ALL ABOUT ME.

That attitude needs to die.

It's the entitlement attitude. A4MD, you owe me a steak lunch BECAUSE YOU OWE ME. JUST DO IT. YOU OWE ME. BECAUSE I DESERVE IT! IT'S ALL ABOUT ME.

That attitude needs to die.

Well, I could buy you a steak lunch, but I'm getting one too. You buy the drinks! :D

Personally, I think it's the parents' responsibility to pay for college for their child, but only if they are able. And, also, only in that case that their child would benefit from going to college, and not, say, truck-driving school or marrying some rich guy (or girl... don't want to be sexist ;)).

Parents who can't pay for college can still do a lot to support their child through college, regardless of whether they pay a drop of tuition.

They should just extend the same compulsory education system we have now through graduate school. Just make it not compulsory/merit based after age 18.

Then SHC's parents can pay for all of us to go to college.