OMM and Chronic Sinusitis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CVPA

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey All:

My wife is 4-months pregnant and has been having signs and symptoms of chronic sinusitis for a number of months.

I am a PA and was hoping to find an adjunct or alternative to antibiotics. What kinds of OMM techniques are available that may help facilitate sinus drainage and resolution of her symptoms??

Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

Have you looked into Chapman points?????

A while back my wife had a bad cold and she couldn't get rid of the congestion. I thought I'd try to rub her sinuses a little and see if it would help. Lo and behold, after about 5 minutes of circular motion on her maxillaries, it all drained out and she was breathing free. I thought to myself, "what have I discovered!? I'm not even in med school yet and I've already developed my own OMM technique! I'll call it the DaddyD maneuver. :cool: " I was stoked. Then last week I was browsing through "Foundations of Osteopathic Medicine" for the first time and found pages on Sinus Drainage techniques, an all-encompassing guide on manipulating all of the sinus passages. Oh well, :D
Derek
AZCOM 2006 :cool: :cool: :cool:

I'm not so much looking to do them myself, just looking for info. on what is out there. I am planning on sending her to an osteopath whom I am friendly with who only does OMM. I am waiting for an email response from him as well.