SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

OMM and Chronic Sinusitis

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by CVPA, Feb 10, 2002.

1. CVPA

CVPA Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Oct 7, 2000
    Florida
    Hey All:

My wife is 4-months pregnant and has been having signs and symptoms of chronic sinusitis for a number of months.

I am a PA and was hoping to find an adjunct or alternative to antibiotics. What kinds of OMM techniques are available that may help facilitate sinus drainage and resolution of her symptoms??

Thanks!!

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. FamilyDO2BE

FamilyDO2BE Junior Member 7+ Year Member

Apr 28, 2001
    Lewisburg, WV
    Have you looked into Chapman points?????

4. DaddyD

DaddyD Junior Member 7+ Year Member

Jan 10, 2002
    Sandy, UT
    A while back my wife had a bad cold and she couldn't get rid of the congestion. I thought I'd try to rub her sinuses a little and see if it would help. Lo and behold, after about 5 minutes of circular motion on her maxillaries, it all drained out and she was breathing free. I thought to myself, "what have I discovered!? I'm not even in med school yet and I've already developed my own OMM technique! I'll call it the DaddyD maneuver. :cool: " I was stoked. Then last week I was browsing through "Foundations of Osteopathic Medicine" for the first time and found pages on Sinus Drainage techniques, an all-encompassing guide on manipulating all of the sinus passages. Oh well, :D
    Derek
    AZCOM 2006 :cool: :cool: :cool:

5. CVPA

CVPA Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Oct 7, 2000
    Florida
    I'm not so much looking to do them myself, just looking for info. on what is out there. I am planning on sending her to an osteopath whom I am friendly with who only does OMM. I am waiting for an email response from him as well.