OMM in internship/residency?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Toran

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am interested in focusing my time in the practical experience with a solid OMM training. Would you tell me about your experience in the clinical setting with OMM? Did you use it a lot, or not at all?

Thanks,

Toran

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Toran. I am interested in this topic also so I thought I'd try to get it going again. For what its worth OMM is just one type of body manipulation but they all involve actual physical touch. I know this sounds obvious but it might be a good idea just to take a basic massage class. This way you loose the awkwardness involved with touch and will be better able to concentrate on the techniques involve with OMM. I have taken a number of different styles af massage and am currently working with in a Student Athletic Trainer program. This offers a wonderful combination of hands on treatment under the guidance of Athletic trainers and doctors. I too am excited about learning OMM and I plan to make it a major part of my practice. Of course that depends upon actually getting into DO school but that too will happen. Sean.