OMM on Comlex

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jtre506

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone give me a run down of the depth that OMM is tested on the Comlex, I have 2 days to relearn this subject.
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Can anyone give me a run down of the depth that OMM is tested on the Comlex, I have 2 days to relearn this subject.
Thanks

Hi jtre!

Yeah I'm taking it on the 20th too!

Do you have the Savarsee book? There's those 2 pages in chapter 10 that are pages 104 - 105. There are usually quite a few questions about the sympathetic inervation to things.

Best of wishes!!:luck::luck::luck::hardy::hardy:

thanks for the reply, Im so burned out. Took the USMLE on the 16th and it wasnt too bad. I have heard the the comlex is a bit more strange any suggestions on what to look over would be appreciated.

thanks for the reply, Im so burned out. Took the USMLE on the 16th and it wasnt too bad. I have heard the the comlex is a bit more strange any suggestions on what to look over would be appreciated.

OMM on COMLEX is a joke, if you know those couple pages on viscerosomatics and Chapman's points, you will be able to easily answer >90% of the OMM questions on the test. The remaining 10% or so will be a mix of sacral diagnoses, and random ME and CS questions.

As for the rest of the test, the vast majority of the questions are 1st or 2nd order that you either know or you don't. The rest of them you wouldn't get no matter how hard you studied, unless you are a PhD researcher in that specific topic, or you guess correctly.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks for the reply
where there a lot of ECG's on your exam, how was the pharm, and neuro?

thanks for the reply
where there a lot of ECG's on your exam, how was the pharm, and neuro?

3 ECGs, only needed to interpret one of them to answer. Pharm was fairly straight forward, a few questions about drugs I had never heard of before.

Neuro was the biggest portion of the test. Cord levels, parkinsons, CT scans of god knows what, questions about branches of branches of arteries that may have been infarcted given a certain presentation. Quite a few questions about neuro and psych drug side effects.

3 ECGs, only needed to interpret one of them to answer. Pharm was fairly straight forward, a few questions about drugs I had never heard of before.

Neuro was the biggest portion of the test. Cord levels, parkinsons, CT scans of god knows what, questions about branches of branches of arteries that may have been infarcted given a certain presentation. Quite a few questions about neuro and psych drug side effects.

Yup!

I haven't taken it yet, but I keep hearing again and again that this year neuro is a big thing.