1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

OMM on Comlex

Discussion in 'Step I' started by jtre506, Jun 18, 2008.

  1. jtre506

    jtre506 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

    Joined:
    Aug 10, 2005
    Messages:
    112
    Likes Received:
    0
    Can anyone give me a run down of the depth that OMM is tested on the Comlex, I have 2 days to relearn this subject.
    Thanks
     
  2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

  3. Jesus DO

    5+ Year Member

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2007
    Messages:
    403
    Likes Received:
    0
    Status:
    Medical Student
    Hi jtre!

    Yeah I'm taking it on the 20th too!

    Do you have the Savarsee book? There's those 2 pages in chapter 10 that are pages 104 - 105. There are usually quite a few questions about the sympathetic inervation to things.

    Best of wishes!!:luck::luck::luck::hardy::hardy:
     
  4. jtre506

    jtre506 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

    Joined:
    Aug 10, 2005
    Messages:
    112
    Likes Received:
    0
    thanks for the reply, Im so burned out. Took the USMLE on the 16th and it wasnt too bad. I have heard the the comlex is a bit more strange any suggestions on what to look over would be appreciated.
     
  5. cyclohexanol

    cyclohexanol No, no. Doggie afuera.
    Physician 10+ Year Member

    Joined:
    Jun 28, 2005
    Messages:
    852
    Likes Received:
    6
    Status:
    Attending Physician
    OMM on COMLEX is a joke, if you know those couple pages on viscerosomatics and Chapman's points, you will be able to easily answer >90% of the OMM questions on the test. The remaining 10% or so will be a mix of sacral diagnoses, and random ME and CS questions.

    As for the rest of the test, the vast majority of the questions are 1st or 2nd order that you either know or you don't. The rest of them you wouldn't get no matter how hard you studied, unless you are a PhD researcher in that specific topic, or you guess correctly.
     
  6. jtre506

    jtre506 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

    Joined:
    Aug 10, 2005
    Messages:
    112
    Likes Received:
    0
    thanks for the reply
    where there a lot of ECG's on your exam, how was the pharm, and neuro?
     
  7. cyclohexanol

    cyclohexanol No, no. Doggie afuera.
    Physician 10+ Year Member

    Joined:
    Jun 28, 2005
    Messages:
    852
    Likes Received:
    6
    Status:
    Attending Physician
    3 ECGs, only needed to interpret one of them to answer. Pharm was fairly straight forward, a few questions about drugs I had never heard of before.

    Neuro was the biggest portion of the test. Cord levels, parkinsons, CT scans of god knows what, questions about branches of branches of arteries that may have been infarcted given a certain presentation. Quite a few questions about neuro and psych drug side effects.
     
  8. Jesus DO

    5+ Year Member

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2007
    Messages:
    403
    Likes Received:
    0
    Status:
    Medical Student
    Yup!

    I haven't taken it yet, but I keep hearing again and again that this year neuro is a big thing.
     

Share This Page