OMS3 Student - Low COMLEX Level 1 Looking for guidance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OMSDude

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I was an active SDN member when applying to med school which was great and I am looking for guidance! I am trying to better prepare myself for applying to pediatric residency programs during the OMS3 year because my current resume is pretty weak to say the least. I went to a newer osteopathic school with a crazy attendance policy (I am not a lecture learner or reader) and a very negative student body which made me pretty much want to quit all together during my first two years. But enough of that, I am looking for some good constructive guidance and what I should do from here.

School: Southeast US area
OM1/OMS2 GPA: 2.4
Class Rank: Near the bottom
COMLEX Level 1: 412 (I know that I have ADD that I have never sought treatment for and the test was extremely long to pay attention for. Also took it during my first rotation and was forgetting a lot of the memorization stuff. COMSAE 645)
EC / Research: None during med school

I plan on applying reasonable mid/lower tier pediatric residency programs as a result of my resume but I am not sure what I should do to improve my competitiveness and chances while I am still in my third year. Any help would be a blessing and I thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Crush level 2, do auditions were you want to go, get great letters of recs from those places you audition, and if possible try and get involved in a research project. You need to strengthen as much of your app as possible. Best of luck!

Crush level 2, do auditions were you want to go, get great letters of recs from those places you audition, and if possible try and get involved in a research project. You need to strengthen as much of your app as possible. Best of luck!

Thank you! I have some very strong general letters from 2 FM, 1 IM, and 1 Pediatrician that I rotated with this fall! I am definitely working to smash Level 2! Thank you for your time! :)