Omt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RixMix

not a traditional student
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am very interested in a career in medicine, and I'd especially love to do a DO program because of the OMT training involved.
I suffered from lower back pain a few years ago that was unobservable by the MDs treating me. It was so bad that painkillers didn't work and I couldn't even do a pushup because of the way my spine felt. After years of considering Chiropractic type of work as a form of 'snake oil,' I finally went in and got an adjustment to my lower back, upper back, neck, and shoulders. I walked out of the DC's office that day completely cured. I have been able to exercise rigorously again and I have never had to go back to the DC. Because of my experience, I believe this type of treatment can be crucial to correcting some crippling problems, but it can't cure everything of course, which is why it would be a great "tool in the belt" for a physician rather than the only course of treatment that one can take.

Does anyone here specialize in OMT? Has anyone reaped the life-changing benefits of receiving a successful HVLA treatment after feeling excruciating pain for so long?

Members don't see this ad.

a DO using OMT cured my sciatica after multiple MD's just gave me pain killers and anti-inflammatory meds that didn't fix the problem. be careful though: don't confuse what a chiropractor does with what a DO does

Looking forward to seeing what it can do for my sciatica. This crap gets crippling some days. =[