On-hand resources as hospital pharmacist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rxkrafted

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'm starting off as a hospital pharmacist and am curious as to what some of you guys carry as reference tools that really helps your productivity. I know you can find everything online but I wanted to utilize handy print resources in a binder to keep everything organized (besides policies and procedures).

Members don't see this ad.

Lexicomp book though I prefer uptodate on the computer.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
When I log in I open micromedex and uptodate/Lexi. I keep paper copies of hospital specific protocols around (or in pdf so I can just ctrl-f for therapeutic substitution)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 user
I like Clinical Pharmacology

Handbook of Injectable Drugs, GlobalRph.

online:
-Lexicomp
-Uptodate
-DynaMed
-Clinicalpharmacology
-Globalrph
-Facts&Comparisons

on hand:
I have a binder compiled with nomograms for dosing aminoglycosides and vanc, antibiotic charts, renal adjustment stuff, new guidelines (HAP/VAP, ASPEN, etc), CYP inducers and inhibitors.

Last edited:
Hello everyone. I'm starting off as a hospital pharmacist and am curious as to what some of you guys carry as reference tools that really helps your productivity. I know you can find everything online but I wanted to utilize handy print resources in a binder to keep everything organized (besides policies and procedures).

Whatever the reference provided by the hospital (most hospitals subscribe to one..not all), and what njac recommended, hospital policies & procedures and protocols. It's mostly online.

But for a new hire, fresh out of school or coming from non-hospital environment, I ask them to read guidelines, CHF, CAP, SSI, Intra-AB infxn, JNC, Diabetes, Chest Guidelines - parenteral anticoagulants & COPD. And get ACLS eventually.

Reactions: 1 users
For those micromedex fans, what is that resource useful for beyond my usual go-to of Lexicomp, uptodate and globalrph?

For those micromedex fans, what is that resource useful for beyond my usual go-to of Lexicomp, uptodate and globalrph?

IV compatibilities.

That's basically all I use micromedex for (let's be honest, that's a huge percentage of phone calls), I like lexicomp much better for dosing.

I'm not a huge global RPH fan. For calculators I prefer clincalc.com

Reactions: 1 users