On hold

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

E

Eyegirl2007

I got my ICO letter today.

I'm on hold till they get my OAT scores. I guess I should have expected that....but a small part of me was thinking...maybe they'll accept me without them and just have a stipulation that I have to get such and such a score. Although med school people don't get accepted without MCAT's, grad school without GRE's, dental schools without DAT's etc... so I guess I was kidding myself.

*Eyegirl unrolls sleeping bag for yet another two months by the mailbox, and adds thermal underwear to her mailbox wardrobe. It's going to be cold and snowy before she gets a happy letter*

At least they didn't reject me

:love:
I love ICO more than ever

I guess my worry is (and I know I have a lot of them, you guys are so patient), since they have to wait for my OAT scores, does it decrease my chances of getting in?

Eyegirl.

Members don't see this ad.

That is great! I envy you. I'll know in December.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was in the same boat, eyegirl. I was on hold at all three schools I applied to until they got my scores. I didn't even get INTERVIEWS until they got my scores. So, you're doing great to have that all out of the way already. :) I know the wait it excruciating... but it's part of the process. It makes us stronger people while waiting for board scores (me next summer). :eek: :eek:

Hey Eyegirl --

It sounds like you're in as soon as they see your OAT scores -- that's terrific! December will be here before you know it, even if it doesn't feel that way right now. Waiting does suck, I totally agree. All that emotional energy, and nothing constructive you can do to affect the outcome -- pretty frustrating.

But it's all right there in your screenname -- Eyegirl2007 -- this is the year you get in! ;)

Yes I read your whole post.:laugh:
I'm just saying that you are not rejected so it looks good so far. I don't even know if I'll get an interview until December.