Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

On hold

Discussion in 'Optometry' started by Eyegirl2007, Oct 7, 2002.

1. I got my ICO letter today.

I'm on hold till they get my OAT scores. I guess I should have expected that....but a small part of me was thinking...maybe they'll accept me without them and just have a stipulation that I have to get such and such a score. Although med school people don't get accepted without MCAT's, grad school without GRE's, dental schools without DAT's etc... so I guess I was kidding myself.

*Eyegirl unrolls sleeping bag for yet another two months by the mailbox, and adds thermal underwear to her mailbox wardrobe. It's going to be cold and snowy before she gets a happy letter*

At least they didn't reject me

:love:
    I love ICO more than ever

I guess my worry is (and I know I have a lot of them, you guys are so patient), since they have to wait for my OAT scores, does it decrease my chances of getting in?

Eyegirl.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. rpames

rpames Optometrist
    10+ Year Member

Optometrist
    That is great! I envy you. I'll know in December.

4. Hehe Rpames...did you read my WHOLE post?!?!?:laugh:

5. cpw

cpw It's a boy !!!
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Optometrist
    I was in the same boat, eyegirl. I was on hold at all three schools I applied to until they got my scores. I didn't even get INTERVIEWS until they got my scores. So, you're doing great to have that all out of the way already. :) I know the wait it excruciating... but it's part of the process. It makes us stronger people while waiting for board scores (me next summer). :eek: :eek:

6. r_salis

r_salis SDN Supa-Mod Emmetrope
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Optometrist
    Hey Eyegirl --

It sounds like you're in as soon as they see your OAT scores -- that's terrific! December will be here before you know it, even if it doesn't feel that way right now. Waiting does suck, I totally agree. All that emotional energy, and nothing constructive you can do to affect the outcome -- pretty frustrating.

But it's all right there in your screenname -- Eyegirl2007 -- this is the year you get in! ;)

7. rpames

rpames Optometrist
    10+ Year Member

Optometrist
    Yes I read your whole post.:laugh:
    I'm just saying that you are not rejected so it looks good so far. I don't even know if I'll get an interview until December.