On-Line Physiology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chibry

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of an on-line physiology course beside UC Davis? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

FYI - I thought about an online course through UC Berkely (great reputation) and called the schools I'm interested to see what they think. I was told flat out that online classes do nothing for your app, in terms of making you more competitive. Penn basically said I'd be wasting my money...

Thanks, I've already been accepted though but I want to take a good physiology course, ideally on-line so I can keep my current job (I have to save up for school!) So if anyone knows a physiology class, particularily an animal one, I'd appreciate the info.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks, I've already been accepted though but I want to take a good physiology course, ideally on-line so I can keep my current job (I have to save up for school!) So if anyone knows a physiology class, particularily an animal one, I'd appreciate the info.
Is this to satisfy a prereq? Trust me you will get LOTS of physio in vet school...

No, it's to get a good base in it, my background lacks physiology. The admissions person recommended anatomy and physiology as good courses to take before enrollment. I have a finance background and only have the minimum courses that got me into school. So I would like to take some courses now to make sure I am up to speed on things. I don't think Physics 2 is going to help me much!

THanks for the information on Oregon, I really appreciate it.

Honestly, I'd probably just save the money on online classes and instead read an approachable book like Lecture Notes in Human Physiology. (Human physiology is basically mammalian physiology - especially the physiology of rats - renamed.)

I had no background in physiology before going into vet school, but I found that if you're a decent storyteller and can regurgitate relevant graphics (schematics/charts), the class is straightforward and easy to do well in. Of course, every school may come at it at a different angle - you might find you're given only multiple choice tests, for instance, so YMMV.