on the border question DAT vs gpa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jankodejenko

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Let's say you have a DAT that expires in one year (20) and a subpar gpa (2.9) which would you recommend doing first? retaking the DAT or going for the masters if you could only choose one

do most people do their masters online? It is in consideration but I can't find myself moving to another state with all the expenses for a masters

Members don't see this ad.

I got accepted to an MSMS program thats not supposed to be online but due to covid theyre forced to hold this upcoming term online. Would this be an issue?

This is gonna be an uphill battle for you to get in honestly. May take a few years and definitely thousands of dollars. Only you can say if it’s worth it.

now to your question I can’t remember the time line but I believe DAT scores expire. Since your GPA needs to be raised I think I would focus first on that and then DAT just to make sure you have the time for app cycle. I am not sure if programs are online or not.

Members don't see this ad :)
What some people do is apply the cycle before they start their masters (so now if youre starting in fall) and then update schools with your fall semester grades. Highly recommend.

Reactions: 1 user
any recommendations for masters (specific schools with good online curriculum) during this Covid period?

Last edited:
What some people do is apply the cycle before they start their masters (so now if youre starting in fall) and then update schools with your fall semester grades. Highly recommend.
hi I had a question regarding this, I called AADSAS and a couple of schools, they said they won't recalculate the GPA to include the classes taken after the app is submitted, could you please explain this? should i wait till my summer courses are done to submit? or how does it go bc my gpa is very dep. on these classes and without adding my GPA is v uncomp.

hi I had a question regarding this, I called AADSAS and a couple of schools, they said they won't recalculate the GPA to include the classes taken after the app is submitted, could you please explain this? should i wait till my summer courses are done to submit? or how does it go bc my gpa is very dep. on these classes and without adding my GPA is v uncomp.
Really? I believe they recalculated mine after I did the academic update.

Really? I believe they recalculated mine after I did the academic update.
hi, the person on AADSAS was new and didn't know there was an academic update period in August! so ik now