On the MD/DO line

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

facetedforms

Over it
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
25 years old...Graduated in 2005
BCPM 3.0
Others 3.3
MCAT 32

Volunteer Student Health Services (Triage)
Volunteer EMT 4 years
Paramedic for 3 years with mountain rescue experience
Taught CME's to firefighters
One Abstract presented (2nd author)
Mayo Clinic internship this summer with research in Simulation Center (maybe publication)

Worked as a medic out of school, came back to take organic I (over a month-long summer class, after a 2 year break from school) and got a D. I will retake the Organic this fall. Nice way to come back. I've done well in the rest of my classes since. It doesn't help the 'trend' though.

So I want to go MD, but I feel like I would be wasting my time applying to many of them.
 
Did you ever consider doing both simultaneously? Most D.O. deadlines are much further down the road than MD. I would suggest applying to both DO and MD unless it is a monetary issue
 
Yes, actually that is my plan, to do a half-and-half application process. I feel like I have good EC's, but the GPA is the main problem.