On Waitlist- Help w/ Letter of Intent

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ctothed

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I can't help but feel completely embarrassed and pathetic writing a letter of intent / update letter. I have a few small accomplishments since I sent in my application, however I'm not in school so I have no grades to show. I am currently doing research at the NIH.
I want to send a letter to remind the school of my EXTREME interest and also that I think they really should consider me... Does anyone have any suggestions for letters which does not sound so lame: "pick me, i want to go your school and I promise i'm just as smart or smarter than my application makes me appear"

Members don't see this ad.

ctothed said:
I can't help but feel completely embarrassed and pathetic writing a letter of intent / update letter. I have a few small accomplishments since I sent in my application, however I'm not in school so I have no grades to show. I am currently doing research at the NIH.
I want to send a letter to remind the school of my EXTREME interest and also that I think they really should consider me... Does anyone have any suggestions for letters which does not sound so lame: "pick me, i want to go your school and I promise i'm just as smart or smarter than my application makes me appear"

Talk about your research (any new developments, papers in progress, etc). Do you have any recent clinical activities (shadowing, volunteering) that you could talk about? In your letter point out EXACTLY why you think you'd be a good fit at that school and vice versa by mentioning specifics about that particular program. :luck: