Once I'm rich I wont have to be a democrat anymore.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thank you! Wonderfully written.

Honestly, I will happily pay more taxes so that I won't have to give my patients inadequate care just because their insurance won't cover it. Call me "fiscally irresponsible", but I would rather give the best care that I can over getting a bigger paycheck.

I'm going to go ahead and assume that you've never held an adult job or supported a family.

Nevermind that your statement really doesn't make any sense to begin with.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I haven't read this whole thread (I barely made it through the first 10 posts) but one of the problems I see is that people assume republicans will do a better job fiscally than democrats. I don't think that is the case at all as they are equally terrible with fiscal responsibility. The only difference between democrats in republicans is whose pockets they are lining. Remember who was in office during the massive 2008 bailouts and then follow where that money went...makes you sick to your stomach.

Reactions: 1 user
I haven't read this whole thread (I barely made it through the first 10 posts) but one of the problems I see is that people assume republicans will do a better job fiscally than democrats. I don't think that is the case at all as they are equally terrible with fiscal responsibility. The only difference between democrats in republicans is whose pockets they are lining. Remember who was in office during the massive 2008 bailouts and then follow where that money went...makes you sick to your stomach.
Yea that's true. Republicans can do the same and sometimes be more fiscally irresponsible. Paul Ryan, the man who fashions himself as a deficit hawk, is a fiscal liberal who loves to pour money in to the coffers of defense contractors. But at least the Repubs aren't screaming about raising taxes on productive individuals like the Dems do. Apart from the bible thumping/ LGBT bashing of Repubs, I think Dems create a much more hateful atmosphere, particularly against productive individuals such as dentists and doctors.

Members don't see this ad :)
Didn't you know the two wars, stimulus spending and massive tax cuts that were put on a credit card before 1/20/2009 were actually still Barack Obama's fault? Not to mention two recessions in one presidency. JFC.

Democrats supported both wars. Biden was very much in favor of Iraq. Hillary Clinton is just as much of a neocon as Bush is/was.