"One academic year" meaning?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hanhan

Reaction score
(Sorry for my poor English. I've raised outside of the US.)

Hi, I'm a freshman and I think I need your help before taking some pre-med courses.
A few of the US medical schools requires "one academic year of XXX (e.g. General Chemistry )" instead of "one year of XXX"
I've had a plan to take Gen Chem1 in summer 2021, and 2 in summer 2022 but I'm confused now thinking I should take all Gen Chem courses in two regular consecutive semesters.

I know this might be a stupid question but do I understand right? : "One academic year of General Chemistry" means one should take Gen Chem 1 in Fall term and Gen Chem 2 in the following Spring term in succession.

Members don't see this ad.

One academic year just means 2 semesters of whatever given subject they are talking about. So taking them both in the summer is essentially the same thing as taking one in the fall and one in the spring.

I would recommend taking them back to back. Why wait a whole year in between them?

One academic year just means 2 semesters of whatever given subject they are talking about. So taking them both in the summer is essentially the same thing as taking one in the fall and one in the spring.

I would recommend taking them back to back. Why wait a whole year in between them?
Thank you! I've got a situation here but gonna try to take them consecutively as you recommend!

No requirement to be back-to-back