One C in Physics?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Megan Rose

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I'm a rising Junior at Duke University, and looking at my grades I'm starting to get discouraged. :( I don't really understand because I felt my grades were good...but now I'm realizing they might not work:

Gen Chem 1: A
Gen Chem 2: A-
Intro Biology: A
Molec. Bio and Genetics: B
Organic Chem 1: B
Organic Chem 2: B
Physics 1: B-
Physics 2: C

The rest of my grades are all As...As in psychology and Spanish, English, History, etc.

What should I do? My regular GPA is a 3.57 right now but my Science GPA is a 3.1! :(

Do I just finish my bio and spanish majors, hoping that I can get enough As in sciences to help it out? I'm really discouraged and I'm looking for some encouragement that I might still have a good chance of going to Med School,. Thanks for the help. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Solution would be to take a few science classes to counterbalance your B's and physics. Astronomy, microbiology are all good classes to take to raise your science gpa. Also doing well on the mcat will show that your science capacity is decent.

Solution would be to take a few science classes to counterbalance your B's and physics. Astronomy, microbiology are all good classes to take to raise your science gpa. Also doing well on the mcat will show that your science capacity is decent.

Science GPA includes Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Math. I would say take some easy Bio courses you know you can get A's in.