One Drive and Groove Music

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Spirit of the Student Doc

Worrying will never change the outcome
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, so I've upgraded to Windows 10 and acquired Microsoft Office 2013 files for free through the University.

Now, I'm currently taking German and I'm doing Pimsleur on the side to give me an advantage (I can't stand not knowing something in class) and I have a ton of word documents from other courses, etc.

I want to make 2 copies of the Pimsleur files (one for the commute on my IPOD, which I only have for that reason now, and the other to listen to elsewhere on my computer) and then be able to access my files anywhere sounds cool (don't know if my workplace blocks this, but I might be able to get them to stop that if they do).

Furthermore, I don't want to pay $10 a month for Groove music (I'd do a onetime yearly payment for $25 or so, but w/ free internet radio apps out there I just can't justify $120 a year). Yet, the problem is I've never used One Drive or Groove Music (formerly Xbox music) before. Thus, it seems unless Groove Music has more upside than I'm aware of I should consider One Drive.

So,
-Does anyone have experience with One Drive?
-Would I lose all my files when I graduate (or in any other manner)?
-What if I'm somewhere without an internet connection?
-Does the school look at my files (some of them have word for word excerpts out of textbooks but I'm only using them for my own purposes and I own the hardcover books so....)?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Oh, I should add I bought a new HP Spectre and need to move a massive amount of files from my old Satellite S-50B over.

-Also, clean that laptop up... don't want someone to get their hands on anything.

Last edited:
It sounds like your GPA is solid but you have to work on your clinical experience

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It sounds like your GPA is solid but you have to work on your clinical experience

..... I'm a nontrad student with nearly half a decade of clinical experience (full time at that). But, I get your joke and tip my hat.

With that said I've never had to (or even really had access/ realistic reason to) use many of these apps when I was in high school and college the first time around.

I would remove 4 schools from your list, kinda heavy and out of reach. In the meantime, continue your volunteer regimen and aim for that MD LOR.

I would remove 4 schools from your list, kinda heavy and out of reach. In the meantime, continue your volunteer regimen and aim for that MD LOR.
Nah, according to mimelim and gyngyn, MD LORs are meaningless.

OP, you need a Nature pub. Otherwise, your app will get thrown in the trash.

I am so happy that SDN is becoming more like reddit

But OP, I have to concur with cyberdine101, your lack of a nature pub will sink your app

Okay, so I've upgraded to Windows 10 and acquired Microsoft Office 2013 files for free through the University.

Now, I'm currently taking German and I'm doing Pimsleur on the side to give me an advantage (I can't stand not knowing something in class) and I have a ton of word documents from other courses, etc.

I want to make 2 copies of the Pimsleur files (one for the commute on my IPOD, which I only have for that reason now, and the other to listen to elsewhere on my computer) and then be able to access my files anywhere sounds cool (don't know if my workplace blocks this, but I might be able to get them to stop that if they do).

Furthermore, I don't want to pay $10 a month for Groove music (I'd do a onetime yearly payment for $25 or so, but w/ free internet radio apps out there I just can't justify $120 a year). Yet, the problem is I've never used One Drive or Groove Music (formerly Xbox music) before. Thus, it seems unless Groove Music has more upside than I'm aware of I should consider One Drive.

So,
-Does anyone have experience with One Drive?
-Would I lose all my files when I graduate (or in any other manner)?
-What if I'm somewhere without an internet connection?
-Does the school look at my files (some of them have word for word excerpts out of textbooks but I'm only using them for my own purposes and I own the hardcover books so....)?

never used groove before, but if you must pay for music service, i suggest spotify. you can sign up for their student pricing. of course there's always free pandora (no ads if you use ad block on your phone or PC)

i use one drive which comes with 15GB. there's a lot of of cloud storage services out there. pick whichever one that ties into the ecosystem you're used to (gmail> google drive, etc)

http://www.cnet.com/how-to/onedrive...which-cloud-storage-service-is-right-for-you/

Reactions: 1 users