One full year of english?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

starxlit3

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I'm planning to apply this coming cycle, but have not taken english yet... is it possible to take two courses of english over this summer? Would this count as one full year of english?

Members don't see this ad.

Depends on the course description but largely yes. My school offered English I and II over the summer and I took both to fulfill my requirements. It was a fair amount of time though. They were offered sequentially over two summer sessions which helped. Might want to check your school schedule and prerequisites for the classes you intend to take.

Yes, but it's also okay to just indicate on your application that you will be taking English courses during the upcoming school year. Most schools don't mind so much for English as long as you will complete the courses before matriculating.

In general I believe schools only care that you have completed the prereqs for admission before you graduate. As long as you are planning to take them you will be fine.