• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

AbuJadenDO

Soon2beOB
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 22, 2004
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
So Secrets for Usmle step 2 is awesome but strictly a supplement so along with USMLEWORLD for questions I need you people out there to tell me which main resource to buy because everytime I go to the bookstore I end up with step up to step 2, crush, and a handful of others and I cant make up my mind.

before you suggest I do a search in this forum...I already did and nothing useful came up.

just please make up my mind for me.

thanks!

p.s. this is for comlex step 2 but it shouldnt matter whether you loved it for usmle 2 or comlex 2, either way i appreciate the advice!

adcomm

snitch
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2006
committee near you
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
So Secrets for Usmle step 2 is awesome but strictly a supplement so along with USMLEWORLD for questions I need you people out there to tell me which main resource to buy because everytime I go to the bookstore I end up with step up to step 2, crush, and a handful of others and I cant make up my mind.

before you suggest I do a search in this forum...I already did and nothing useful came up.

just please make up my mind for me.

thanks!

p.s. this is for comlex step 2 but it shouldnt matter whether you loved it for usmle 2 or comlex 2, either way i appreciate the advice!

I vote for secrets.

About the Ads

AbuJadenDO

Soon2beOB
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 22, 2004
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
already studying huh?
you dont waste anytime

i love secrets but it's not a main resource
boards and wards sucks in my opinion
havent tried usmleworld YET
and i've heard good things bout step up

what I really have to get is comlexedge.com...I hear that's the ultimate resource

Dr. Don

15+ Year Member
Dec 16, 2001
Los Angeles
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Yeah I also heard that resource is amazing! I heard that it helped Western DO2008 get the highest passing rate in Step 1 (94%) since a long time ;)

Moozer

10+ Year Member
Feb 26, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I lived and died by First Aid for Step 1, but I have to say when I was studying for Step 2, I found Step Up to be far superior. I had and used both that and First Aid, but I really think Step Up could be used for a main resource. I also had Crush, I read through it once very early on in my studying but I don't think I would give that one my thumbs up. I didn't ever go back to it after that preliminary read. Hope that helps. :)

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.