[One more plz] Need help to trim my school list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

longhorn09

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys,

So I've just created my mdapplicants account. Can you guys take a look on it and help me to trim the list a little bit? Or can you tell me if there are some other schools that're worth to apply? Thanks a lot and I wish you all have a successful cycle!

-longhorn09
 
I'd drop Brown, USC, and University of Washington. If you're not WWAMI, University of Washington is only a good choice if you've shown a strong interest in working with the underserved and have a strong record of that through your ECs. They don't take many OOS.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I dunno, I think I'd mostly leave that list alone besides dropping U Wash. I'd also slash Stanford since they're insanely research-heavy.

The OP has 2 years of research and pubs... I think that's sufficient for Stanford. I think Brown and USC are superfluous given their other schools though...
 
Is this list a little bit top-heavy? Should I add a couple middle-tier schools?

A little top-heavy but if you have the money to, why not. Your application looks great but you'll be kicking yourself later if worst case scenario happens.
 
A little top-heavy but if you have the money to, why not. Your application looks great but you'll be kicking yourself later if worst case scenario happens.

I think with a lot of TX state schools that they can apply to with one application the OP should be fine.
 
A bump before I fill in the AMCAS...

So I've droped UofW, and some suggested that I should drop Brown and USC. But why?
Also, am I good to go with this list?( with or without Brown/USC) Thanks!