[One more plz] Need help to trim my school list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

longhorn09

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

So I've just created my mdapplicants account. Can you guys take a look on it and help me to trim the list a little bit? Or can you tell me if there are some other schools that're worth to apply? Thanks a lot and I wish you all have a successful cycle!

-longhorn09

Members don't see this ad.

I'd drop Brown, USC, and University of Washington. If you're not WWAMI, University of Washington is only a good choice if you've shown a strong interest in working with the underserved and have a strong record of that through your ECs. They don't take many OOS.

I dunno, I think I'd mostly leave that list alone besides dropping U Wash. I'd also slash Stanford since they're insanely research-heavy.

Members don't see this ad :)
I dunno, I think I'd mostly leave that list alone besides dropping U Wash. I'd also slash Stanford since they're insanely research-heavy.

The OP has 2 years of research and pubs... I think that's sufficient for Stanford. I think Brown and USC are superfluous given their other schools though...

I'd leave it unless you really need to cut it down. In that case I agree with drizz, say peace out to USC and UWash.

Is this list a little bit top-heavy? Should I add a couple middle-tier schools?

Maybe, but with in-state preference for the Texas schools you should be fine.

Is this list a little bit top-heavy? Should I add a couple middle-tier schools?

A little top-heavy but if you have the money to, why not. Your application looks great but you'll be kicking yourself later if worst case scenario happens.

A little top-heavy but if you have the money to, why not. Your application looks great but you'll be kicking yourself later if worst case scenario happens.

I think with a lot of TX state schools that they can apply to with one application the OP should be fine.

A bump before I fill in the AMCAS...

So I've droped UofW, and some suggested that I should drop Brown and USC. But why?
Also, am I good to go with this list?( with or without Brown/USC) Thanks!