longhorn09

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 6, 2009
Hong Kong
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Hi guys,

So I've just created my mdapplicants account. Can you guys take a look on it and help me to trim the list a little bit? Or can you tell me if there are some other schools that're worth to apply? Thanks a lot and I wish you all have a successful cycle!

-longhorn09

drizzt3117

chick magnet
10+ Year Member
Oct 29, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I'd drop Brown, USC, and University of Washington. If you're not WWAMI, University of Washington is only a good choice if you've shown a strong interest in working with the underserved and have a strong record of that through your ECs. They don't take many OOS.

About the Ads

drizzt3117

chick magnet
10+ Year Member
Oct 29, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I dunno, I think I'd mostly leave that list alone besides dropping U Wash. I'd also slash Stanford since they're insanely research-heavy.

The OP has 2 years of research and pubs... I think that's sufficient for Stanford. I think Brown and USC are superfluous given their other schools though...

JJMrK

J to the J
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Apr 27, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I'd leave it unless you really need to cut it down. In that case I agree with drizz, say peace out to USC and UWash.

sarahl86

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 28, 2008
Muurland
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Is this list a little bit top-heavy? Should I add a couple middle-tier schools?

A little top-heavy but if you have the money to, why not. Your application looks great but you'll be kicking yourself later if worst case scenario happens.

drizzt3117

chick magnet
10+ Year Member
Oct 29, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
A little top-heavy but if you have the money to, why not. Your application looks great but you'll be kicking yourself later if worst case scenario happens.

I think with a lot of TX state schools that they can apply to with one application the OP should be fine.

longhorn09

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 6, 2009
Hong Kong
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
A bump before I fill in the AMCAS...

So I've droped UofW, and some suggested that I should drop Brown and USC. But why?
Also, am I good to go with this list?( with or without Brown/USC) Thanks!

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.