One-on-one vs multiple interviewers at the same time?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ProteinChemist

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
When people say they have two interviewers, does that mean they have two at the same time or that they had two one-on-one interviews? What is more standard?

Members don't see this ad.

It sounds like they are referring to having 2 at the same time. I had this at one of my interviews, and it wasn't as bad as it sounds.

However, I would say that having two one-on-one interviews is more common.

Ohhhh awesome. That is good to hear. I do way better at one-on-one so I'm glad to hear that is the norm.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
i have had a couple two on one interviews. the first was kind of intimidating, because it was back and forth between the two, as soon as i would answer one the other would ask something, i never knew how long to look at the one who asked the question, if i should even look at the other one, etc. but they weren't too bad in hindsight though.

Northwestern has a one-on-one interview and a three-on-three interview.

When people say they have two interviewers, does that mean they have two at the same time or that they had two one-on-one interviews? What is more standard?

Ive had both.........one interview with multiple interviewers......and mutliple interviews with ONE interviewer each time. I dont think one is more common than the other.

all of my interviews have been one on one but it might just be me :)