xiazhexiaoyu

10+ Year Member
May 13, 2007
Status
Does anyone know whether Caribbean medical school has 2 year program for students?

Because my under is clinical medicine in clinical lab medicine in chian, i could not take board exam. i want to join short program to take the board exam such as Step 1.

thanks

oldpro

MS IV
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 3, 2006
Somewhere in the Colon (Any rotation)
Status
Medical Student
Does anyone know whether Caribbean medical school has 2 year program for students?

Because my under is clinical medicine in clinical lab medicine in chian, i could not take board exam. i want to join short program to take the board exam such as Step 1.

thanks
I have an idea of what you are saying and asking.

There is no such thing as advanced standing (unless you are in Medical school)
There are others who are PHD in Pharmacy and Anatomy and are PA's already, everyone has to attend medical school from the beginning.

Repeat:

DO not go to any school ( it is a diploma mill) that places you in advanced standing. Skipping any part of medical school is not only unwise but will make it so you cannot practice medicine in the USA, there is a set number of weeks a year you must attend a medical school and have instruction, 32 weeks an academic year for 4 academic years ( many of the current medical schools in the Caribbean have 3 16 week semesters a years so you can attend 1.5 academic years in 1 year, that is the only way Caribbean schools are faster.

Advanced standing without ever attending Medical school = no practice sometime in the future.