One week until DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Futuresleepdentist14

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have one week before I take my DAT and my bootcamp PAT scores are either less than 15 or a 16. I do well on the hole punching and cube counting but all my other sections are bad. Before test 6, I was doing pretty well (9/15 to 12/15) in the angles, okay in the hole punching and cubes (those empty sections would get me). My other DAT scores are pretty good. I'm making between a 19-21 in RC, 18-20 QR, 19-21 in GC, 19-21 in Bio, my OC are going up. I started with a 14 and have worked my way up to an 18. Based on the posts I've read here, the actual DAT is easier for every section except Bio because its so random.

My plan for the week is to focus on learning my trig identities and taking my math destroyer test for the QR, read some scientific american articles for RC, finish the Bio and OC sections for Destroyer as well as work through the mechanisms and roadmaps as much as possible for OC, rework the GC concepts I've had major issues with in destroyer as well as watch the Chads videos that focus on those sections. I feel like my AA and TS should be good because my practice test haven't been too bad and I usually score much better on my real test than I do on practice. I brought my SAT score up ~300 points just the minimum so I feel like a 20-23 on my AA is possible (especially since the QR and RC on bootcamp are harder).

However, my PAT scores are really freaking me out. Based on my practice tests, I know I still need a lot of work. I was doing well on my angle ranking section until BC test 6. I was thinking thinking about redoing jus the angle section 6 and 7 to figure how to approach those types of angles. The clock method doesn't work well for those two tests. I was also thinking about working through the pattern folding and keyhole sections for Test 1-7 (I say 7 because I've only done up to test 7 in BC). I also wanted to focus on the generator for Pattern Folding and Keyholes because I feel more practice could boost my score from (5/16 to maybe a 7/15-9/15) I feel like TFE is just a lost cause. I either understand the shape or I have no clue. I figured if I can perfect my hole punching and cube counting (I'm averaging a 12/15 for both sections), get my angle section to 10/15 like I was before Test 6 and I can boost my Pattern Folding and Keyholes up to a 7/15+ then I might be able to swing an 18 on PAT (its not stellar but its enough to get my foot in the door).

All I need an interview because the reps that I've talked to about schools have said I shouldn't have an issue getting into a school based on my SAT scores (1790 doing the bare minimum in the prep course so putting in working for DAT should result in a better outcome) and my interviewing skills. I've also done a program a two of the schools that I'm applying to so any advice.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Well first of I want to say that NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING!!!!!

I think it's good that you are doing well in Bio, GC, OC and all that. Also, your score is very good IMO. I was scoring the same on Bootcamp prior to the test too. I think you're doing good. Though I don't think it's good to have your mindset Bootcamp tests are harder, and that you brought your SAT score up by doing bare minimum, meaning you can score a 20-23 on AA. There are many versions of the test, which could be easy or could be harder for you, I can't tell. So I think it's safer to feel prepare for the test. Confident is good. Assuming you will do good, I'm not so sure about that.

Also, one week into the test, I would recommend taking full length tests if you can, to see where you at, to get yourself familiar with the testing setting, and the timing.

Just my 2 cents.