One year orders

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tejada1076

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
If your ADSO is 4 years, but in a 2 year operational billet with plan to separate at end, can you extend one year and then negotiate one year orders to separate at an MTF? Or do you have to take the standard 3 year MTF orders?

Members don't see this ad.

Anything is possible. Traditionally, people have taken the 3 year billets and then requested for separation. This would cut the 3 year orders to 1 year (in the case you are suggesting). However, this is at needs of the navy. Sometimes they will decline the request to leave until your orders are finished. This is an uncommon scenario though.

If your ADSO is 4 years, but in a 2 year operational billet with plan to separate at end, can you extend one year and then negotiate one year orders to separate at an MTF? Or do you have to take the standard 3 year MTF orders?

Do not, I repeat, do not take PCS orders CONUS to CONUS unless you can be on station for 2 years. (There’s some difference in cost vs no cost orders). Don’t chance it.

CONUS to CONUS is 2 years and yes they can extend you to make you stay the 2 years. OCONUS to CONUS is 1 year.

Are there exceptions, yes I’ve seen it when it’s at the convenience of the Navy, but if it could have any potential impact on you getting out I wouldn’t take any chance.

Reactions: 1 users