Online Courses During the Pandemic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Michael37

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I was just wondering over whether online courses in the sciences for med schools would be ok with them given the pandemic's effect on the classroom environment. I'm a relatively new member of SDN so I do not know if this has been discussed before in previous threads.

Maybe whether or not online courses for organic chem, micro, genetics, and the rest of the major science courses that are either required or recommended depends on a case by case basis? In my case, I'm trying to register in for an organic chem 1 course this semester, however, it will be online. Along with that, I have most, if not all, of my major science courses ending up being online if the pandemic will continue to maintain its numbers to an extent where it's seen fit that the pandemic precautions be maintained. I don't want to take organic chem 1 & 2 just to have to go back after an email from an admissions rep from a med school saying that I have to redo the course sequence. Along with that, I have a few upper-level biology courses ahead of me. If you had experienced contacting med schools or applying to med schools last year while having taken a few science courses online due to the pandemic, please let me know if they accepted those courses for prerequisite fulfillment, and also please specify the med school(s).

Members don't see this ad.

The vast majority of your courses should be online at your university and you should not/will not be penalized for it.

Reactions: 1 user