online courses - need english - where?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bluebird79

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
just realized many schools won't count my combo of english AP, one English credit course, and one English P/F course for fulfillment of the 2 semester English recommendation at many med schools. i just want to get this over with, quick and dirty. anyone have recommendations of online courses that i can use?

Members don't see this ad.

I found a two week study abroad in Switzerland course because I need three quick credits of Anthropology before school starts. I gave up on looking for online courses in Anthro, but english should be alot easier. My school, univ of missouri has ind study courses you can complete any time, anywhere and pay in state tuition(that's high though too).
Check it out:
cdis.missouri.edu

PS the science fiction course has no exams. Also, the course numbering system at UMC is screwed up, don't try to understand it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I completed a number of distance-study college courses through Brigham Young University while pursuing my previous degree. For college courses, it's surprisingly cheap too (around $345 for a class). I also had great luck with Upper Iowa University's external degree program.

www.byu.edu

www.uiu.edu

Good luck!

Originally posted by bluebird79
just realized many schools won't count my combo of english AP, one English credit course, and one English P/F course for fulfillment of the 2 semester English recommendation at many med schools. i just want to get this over with, quick and dirty. anyone have recommendations of online courses that i can use?

University of Washington (Seattle/Tacoma/Bothell) has an extension program that's fully credited. You might look into some of those English courses.

http://www.extension.washington.edu/ol/courses/eng/classics/clas430.asp

The key issue of course, is choosing a class that doesn't require you to show up for the final exam.