Online community college courses for prerequistes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all, I recently switched onto the premed track and I have some questions regarding online prerequisite courses for med school. For context I used an AP credit for Biology 1, and took Bio 2 and other upper level biology courses at my 4 year university. Additionally, I plan to take Physics 1 and 2 with lab online at a community college this summer.

I was wondering if this is something that looks bad to med schools? I was originally told by an advisor this would be fine due to my financial circumstances (in person courses at my home university are too expensive over the summer and i would need a gap year if I don't take these courses this summer), but I have recently been told this is a big red flag by another advisor so i'm not really sure what to do.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!