Online Courses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amysh

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any colleges/universities that offer decent online/distance learning courses for speech/hearing?

If I go to the audiology program I think I'm going to I need to take extra courses to get a better background in audiology -- something like Hearing Science or Introduction to Audiology.

So far I've looked into Ohio State University. Any other suggestions out there?

Members don't see this ad.

Many programs offer a "post-bac" year or as my school calls it, "Pre-Professional," which includes all the required courses. Audiology programs have a list of pre-requisites that you must take before starting at their school. Contact programs you're interested in attending for your AuD and ask them if they have that post-bac/pre-pro year. If you search for "online audiology degree," you're more likely to get an illegitimate school.

Does anyone know of any colleges/universities that offer decent online/distance learning courses for speech/hearing?

If I go to the audiology program I think I'm going to I need to take extra courses to get a better background in audiology -- something like Hearing Science or Introduction to Audiology.

Hey Amy,

I've heard people around here mention online courses at Utah State University for a reasonable price. Western Kentucky I believe offers some courses as well.

http://comd.usu.edu/htm/distance-education/online-bach/courses

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll be starting in the fall so I can't do a post-bac year. Plus, these aren't required prereqs, just strongly strongly suggested.

I've heard of Utah State before, I think I'll check that out as well. Thanks guys!

i have also heard that utah state is the way to go.

A lot of schools offer summer courses in topics such as hearing science or basic audiology.

Just do a search of the course offerings at several schools.

I know a few in Ohio offer courses in aural rehabilitation or basic audiology or hearing science.

Ohio State and Ohio University are two I know of off hand. Not sure about Kent State or Akron.