Online General Physics - Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kpw101

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I go to Rutgers and the traditional lecture sections got filled up quick so if I want to take physics this year I will have to take their online section. This section still has the same course number. Only difference is you attend lecture online. Midterms and finals are taken in person. Our lab is still a separate traditional in person lab course. If I'm planning on applying to medical school, will taking this specific section hurt me? I heard medical schools frown upon, even reject online courses. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

check MSAR for the schools that don't accept them

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys. I go to Rutgers and the traditional lecture sections got filled up quick so if I want to take physics this year I will have to take their online section. This section still has the same course number. Only difference is you attend lecture online. Midterms and finals are taken in person. Our lab is still a separate traditional in person lab course. If I'm planning on applying to medical school, will taking this specific section hurt me? I heard medical schools frown upon, even reject online courses. Any feedback would be appreciated.

they wont see that you are in the online section most likely. are the online lectures just recorded videos of the lectures from earlier in the day? if so you could prolly just attend the live lectures if both groups of students are tested on the same material....i dont think this should matter for pre-req requirements

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
The online videos are recorded by one of the physics professors. The lectures are also usually available for sit in if you could figure out time/place.
they wont see that you are in the online section most likely. are the online lectures just recorded videos of the lectures from earlier in the day? if so you could prolly just attend the live lectures if both groups of students are tested on the same material....i dont think this should matter for pre-req requirements

Ask your registrar what it is going to say on your transcript. If it shows up as a regular physics class then you have nothing to worry about.

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks for the help guys.