Online Genetics courses 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PenguinPal506

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all!

I know this topic has been discussed in previous threads but when reading, I've noticed that the posts are about a year old so I was thinking maybe we can share some new information we've had on the topic of genetics online courses!

Has anyone taken a genetics online course that they liked and could tell us about?! thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Still best to just post in the old thread so stuff can get updated there and people don't have to search through multiple threads on the same topics.

Reactions: 2 users
Hi all!

I know this topic has been discussed in previous threads but when reading, I've noticed that the posts are about a year old so I was thinking maybe we can share some new information we've had on the topic of genetics online courses!

Has anyone taken a genetics online course that they liked and could tell us about?! thank you!

I took Genetics online at my undergrad college and liked it. I also had a very good foundation of genetics from my Biology 2 class. It depends on how you learn and if you can self-teach yourself the material.

Members don't see this ad :)
Im currently taking the Berkeley extension genetics course and so far it hasn't been too bad!

I plan on taking it next semester online through Iowa Community College. I am currently taking College Algebra (re-do) and Physics 1 through them this semester, and plan on taking physics 1, chem 1, chem 2, stats, and maybe micro through them to re-do all but Stats in the spring. It's obviously important you check with any institution you plan on applying to to make sure that they'll take the courses, but I so far haven't had any issues.