Online Lab Grade

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

j_lo

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got an A- in my microbio lab this semester. This isn't a prereq for med school so I was wondering if I should switch it to Pass/Fail because even tho its a good grade it would bring down my GPA slightly. Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

This will probably bring down your gpa by 0.01. Based on your comments your gpa is in the high range of 3.75 +, so this should not matter.

From what I have heard before from more experienced ADCOMs any P/F in a science course, they usually equate to a C or worse, unless it is part of the COVID 19 process, where some colleges reverted to P/F for lots of courses. However if the other courses for this semester all have a letter grade, and this has a P/f, then they know it is not covid related change in grading for your college, and they may take this to mean you got a C.

I would keep the A-.

Reactions: 1 users
This will probably bring down your gpa by 0.01. Based on your comments your gpa is in the high range of 3.75 +, so this should not matter.

From what I have heard before from more experienced ADCOMs any P/F in a science course, they usually equate to a C or worse, unless it is part of the COVID 19 process, where some colleges reverted to P/F for lots of courses. However if the other courses for this semester all have a letter grade, and this has a P/f, then they know it is not covid related change in grading for your college, and they may take this to mean you got a C.

I would keep the A-.
That's what I thought too I just wanted to get some advice, thanks!

Reactions: 1 users
That's what I thought too I just wanted to get some advice, thanks!
I don't know if this is a joke or not. An A- will not keep you out of medschool. Likewise, a C won't either. I believe adcoms to be more holistic than your freshmen semester that you had a bad time or you just plainly are bad at a specific subject.