Online Lecture only Phyics class suggestions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spielmacher

Reaction score
Hi There! I really need to take physics I & II online without the labs, because I work full-time. Does anyone know of a reasonably inexpensive asynchronous online course I could take? I'm slightly overwhelmed with trying to find one that would be an acceptable option. For example, University of Phoenix has exactly what I need, but would that be an acceptable place to get my physics I & II pre-reqs fullfilled? Thank you for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi There! I really need to take physics I & II online without the labs, because I work full-time. Does anyone know of a reasonably inexpensive asynchronous online course I could take? I'm slightly overwhelmed with trying to find one that would be an acceptable option. For example, University of Phoenix has exactly what I need, but would that be an acceptable place to get my physics I & II pre-reqs fullfilled? Thank you for your help!
you will have to check with the veterinary schools that you plan on applying to in order to see if it will fulfill the prerequisite. Sorry for the vagueness, but each school has specific things they are looking for and it will vary between them.

Reactions: 1 users
For example, University of Phoenix has exactly what I need
For-profit online schools (e.g. University of Phoenix) make me cringe, personally. Many are a racket, and I've read enough horror stories about University of Phoenix specifically to make me never consider the place. Obviously the official answer is to check with each school since it's ultimately their decision.

I think the pandemic and just the natural course of things have lessened the bias against online courses (especially for lecture components....not necessarily for lab courses). And many/most transcripts don't differentiate between a course that is taken partially (i.e. hybrid) or fully online vs. a fully in-person course. Just.... stay away from for-profit schools imo. You'll run into less headaches with compatibility.

Disclaimer: I'm not anywhere close to the vet med field, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Western Texas College, and I believe it includes a lab. Its notoriously easy and if A&M takes it I imagine the majority of vet schools will.

Also worth checking if CCs are still offering a remote option because of covid - I took mine completely online (although not asynchronously)

if you do go that route, try not to take physics I online and then physics II at a “real school.” You’ll be so unprepared; I’ve watched several people go from an easy A at WTC to scrambling to make a B or C somewhere else. It’s not actually cheaper if you have to take it twice.