Online Masters in Health Administration?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Dalteparin

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I'm toying with the idea of management as my next step (as in, in the next 5 years or so), and I think getting a MHA might help me achieve that. Until now, I've basically been a run-of-the-mill clinical/staff pharmacist, so a masters' would help me stand out. Since I work nights, I doubt it'd be practical for me to attend in person, hence the idea of online classes. The University of Florida and the University of Wyoming both have online MHA programs; has anybody here been through one of these programs or know somebody who has? Was it worth the time and money you spent? Did it help you achieve your goals?
 
If you have experience, that is usually preferred over the degree. Best way to break into management is at your current job, if you are a good employee. See if you even like managing before you invest in a degree. Some people get their first supervisor job and hate it.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile