Online Organic 2: anyone have experience?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

IndubitablyMe

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone, this is my first post. I am a non-traditional pre-med student (post-bacc). I have been in banking/finance for over 17 years and will be taking the MCAT in May 2021 and applying to Med Schools (some MD, some DO) June 2021.

Unfortunately, due to scheduling conflicts I cannot take both Organic 2 and Biochem I this fall semester (unless it goes online). I have already reached out to the Medical Schools I am most interested in to request if they will accept online Organic chemistry credits and they all have approved without hesitation due to the Coronavirus pandemic. I am actually glad this is happening so I can take focus 100% on Organic 2 and not be spread too thin.

I am trying to decide which online program is the best. I have it down to either Oregon State University with Dr. Jeff Walker or University of Connecticut with Dr. Nicholas Leadbeater.

Does anyone have experience with either of these two programs/professors? Do you recommend another online program that I may have missed?

I look forward to interacting with you all more. Thanks!
 
Based on ratemyprofessors, Walker has a slight edge in score with more people saying they'd take his class again. Orgo is never going to be highly rated due to the difficulty relative to other courses.

How will labs work? Or do you not need labs for orgo 2?
 
Based on ratemyprofessors, Walker has a slight edge in score with more people saying they'd take his class again. Orgo is never going to be highly rated due to the difficulty relative to other courses.

How will labs work? Or do you not need labs for orgo 2?

I am able to take Orgo 2 Lab in fall, the lecture conflicts with Biochem lecture.

I am leaning towards Dr. Walker and that program based on the reviews. All the info I have right now is through ratemyprofessor, curious if anyone on here has had experience with either professor be it online or in class.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am able to take Orgo 2 Lab in fall, the lecture conflicts with Biochem lecture.

I am leaning towards Dr. Walker and that program based on the reviews. All the info I have right now is through ratemyprofessor, curious if anyone on here has had experience with either professor be it online or in class.
Why not take biochem online so that your lab and lecture for ochem 2 align?
 
I’ve heard UNE orgo 2 and biochem are easy (as much as they can be lol) and you can finish them at your own pace. That way you can do them quickly back to back rather than at the same time which may be difficult