online pre reqs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

emlady09

c/o 20..eventually
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have a situation. I need to take physics I and II before next summer (I am applying this year, if everything goes well). I am currently getting my masters at a private school here in SoCal and the physics course is already full for fall. I wasn't able to get into the class available at the nearest CC. Does anyone know of an accredited online course I could take? I've already found UNE and they are not offering physics currently (just my luck). There is a Cal State school near by that is on the quarter system that has a session starting in the winter, but since I am not an enrolled student I only get in to the class if there is space available the day it starts, so I don't want to depend on that as my only option. Please, anyone have any suggestions!?

Members don't see this ad.

So I have a situation. I need to take physics I and II before next summer (I am applying this year, if everything goes well). I am currently getting my masters at a private school here in SoCal and the physics course is already full for fall. I wasn't able to get into the class available at the nearest CC. Does anyone know of an accredited online course I could take? I've already found UNE and they are not offering physics currently (just my luck). There is a Cal State school near by that is on the quarter system that has a session starting in the winter, but since I am not an enrolled student I only get in to the class if there is space available the day it starts, so I don't want to depend on that as my only option. Please, anyone have any suggestions!?
Michigan State offers Physics I and II online!

Reactions: 1 user
Also, MSU told me to look into UC Berkley Extension, they offer many courses and most are self paced.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just make sure your school accepts online courses first. I know UGA didn't accept ANY last year and now will take online courses for humanities only. So double check that!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Just make sure your school accepts online courses first. I know UGA didn't accept ANY last year and now will take online courses for humanities only. So double check that!!!
I feel like they might be the only school that won't accept online sciences, but I could be wrong. Very, very few schools accept online labs for more obvious reasons. Most readily accept online lectures.

Thanks, I have checked and emailed all the schools I'm applying to and made sure they will take any online classes I take.

Hello,

Quick question. I need to retake my ENG 101, I took it in undergrad at a private university got a C+. Would it be unacceptable to take it online at a CC? Thank you for your help.

Hello,

Quick question. I need to retake my ENG 101, I took it in undergrad at a private university got a C+. Would it be unacceptable to take it online at a CC? Thank you for your help.
It should be fine for almost all schools. Just check to make sure that the schools you are applying to accept online classes. Most do.