Online Pre-requisites such as those from UNE?

Started by ptm33
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ptm33

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dear all,

This has been heavily discussed in other forums but I have yet to see a substantial discussion regarding online prereqs courses here.

Has anyone taken pre-requisites courses online and are able to gain acceptance into a good-standing DPT program?

What online courses did you take and what DPT school did you go to / currently enrolled in?

How did the admission officers view them and what was your reason for taking them online vs. in-class?

Any thoughts or comments will be appreciated.

I am looking into UNE's online pre-health pre-reqs, in particular.
 
Brigham Young University has a program called Independent Study offering self-paced online courses such as Biomechanics and Exercise Physiology for credit. So far I have taken their medical terminology course (currently taking Exercise Phys) and have been invited to an interview, but the school has told me that the other BYU courses are acceptable.

I work full-time and my community college does not offer those courses online so I ended up going with BYU.